Take A Stand Against Bullying Today
Bullying has become a widely known problem amongst the world today. Not that it wasn’t always a problem but that it’s now gained our attention and many are taking a stand against it. And for good reason:
Bullying can affect everyoneóthose who are bullied, those who bully, and those who witness bullying. Bullying is linked to many negative outcomes including impacts on mental health, substance use, and suicide. † † † † – stopbullying.gov
Many of us have experience some type of bullying in our lives. No matter the extent, it can have serious and lasting affects. Bullying is never harmless. It hurts and more people now than ever are coming out to tell their own personal stories about being bullied and more people are now taking their stands against bullying.
According to stompoutbullying.org:
- 1 out of 4 teens are Bullied.
- As many as 160,000 students stay home on any given day because they’re afraid of being bullied.
- 1 out of 5 kids admits to being a bully, or doing some “Bullying.”
- Playground statistics – Every 7 minutes a child is bullied. Adult†intervention -4% Peer intervention – 11%.†No intervention – ††85%.
- 58% of kids admit someone has said mean or hurtful things to them online. More than 4 out of 10 say it has happened more ††than ††once.
- 58% have not told their parents or an adult about something mean or hurtful that happened to them online.
Many kids want to help when they see bullying taking place but don’t know how. This article, Be More Than A Bystander will help you teach them how.
There are many types of bullying. It’s not always kids or takes place at school. Take the time to learn more about it and what you can do to help.
Growing up and life itself is challenging enough without this unnecessary distress.
Many people who bully may not even realize how inappropriate their behaviour is. Let’s continue to point this out and put a stop to bullying.
One of the girls in the picture above also made this video, I get goose bumps when I watch it. It’s really an excellent video, please have a look and share it with your friends.
I strongly believe that each one of us have enough struggles of our own and do not need to add to someone else’s.
I also believe that keeping this topic alive we can help make a difference. Please share.