Image by mikecogh via FlickrHoly Fak.
I haven’t been able to come up with anything lately to write about that isn’t almost completely negative or slightly rude.
I’m obviously dealing with some issues.
I’ve decided that daily affirmations may be able to alleviate this pissy condition I seem to be in.
What’s an affirmation?
Well, thank you for asking, it’s a “declaration that something is true” says wikipedia.
Basically you can train your brain to believe something. If you tell something to yourself so often, you’ll feel it subconsciously. I’ve heard people claim to have quit smoking this way.
Here’s the thing I don’t fully understand though, how far can you go with it? I mean, how much brain trickery are we capable of? I don’t think I’m going to go overboard here. For example, I know there are douche bags amongst us so I’m not going to affirm that all people are wonderful people…like a frienemy! Don’t get me started…next post mission- Are you a Frienemy?
Anywho, I do think that affirming that those douche bags don’t affect me in any way, shape or form may be a good one.
Here’s my daily affirmation starter list:
- Negativity bounces right off of me
- I have all the love and support that I need
- I don’t smoke (hell, it can’t hurt to throw this one in there)
- My life isn’t affected by jealous, manipulative, or judge-mental people.
- I am perfect at being me
- I am healing
- I have true happiness
- I do not get annoyed at facebook status whores that continually update their status to stupid shit, 60 times a day, that nobody cares about. (I really need to get over this one)
- My cat, Peaches, will live forever. (I can hope right?)
- This blog is rockin’ and people find great pleasure in reading it.