A major slice of my time is spent paying attention to people, often the differences in men and women. Many people who know me know that I’d rather observe and learn from people than be the attention in the room.
Thought I’d share some of the things I’ve learned, specifically about the differences of men and women. You’ve probably heard a lot of this before but have you really taken it in and accepted it? You might not have without even realizing it. I see this a lot in relationships. Misunderstandings and mis communications etc.
I believe that if you can somehow remember these differences between men and women, especially in times on stress, that things can be a little bit easier for you.
- Men and Women ARE different. Different things inspire us, we express ourselves differently, even our brains work differently. No matter what, your man can’t be your best ‘girl’friend.
- Women often need to be showered with love and affection to feel secure and motivated, men don’t.
- Men need to feel needed.
- Women have a wider range of feelings than men and often those feelings are way more intense for a women than a man. Possibly why women seem overly emotional to men and even sometimes ‘moody’ or ‘crazy’. (C’mon, we’ve all heard men say that lol)
- Women want empathy, men give solutions. Two very different things.If you go to a man with a problem about your girlfriends he’s naturally going to offer some sort of solution, he’s not going to automatically give you understanding about how you’re feeling about it or know that you might just be venting.
- Women are more sensitive than men, feelings, smells, sounds, you name it.
- Often men mis interpret advice or suggestions we give them as being told they are inadequate.
- Men’s self esteem is more often career related and women base it more on the value of her relationships.
- Men often feel financial stresses more intensly than women.
- Men are more interested in things and the function of things rather than people and their feelings.
- Women are more emotional, men are more logical. Can be a good combination when working together.
- Often women over analyze; what a man says, what he does, not everything is relationship driven. If a man says something to you, try to take it at face value. No analyzing needed. What he said is exactly what he meant.